Garage door troubles can be caused by various things, from a broken spring to poor installation. This blog post will discuss five common causes of garage door troubles and how to fix them. Keep in mind that some of these solutions may require the help of a professional. So, if you are experiencing issues with your garage door, read on for helpful tips!
5 Causes of Garage Door Troubles
Did you know that over 30% of homeowners have experienced a garage door issue in the past year? Here are 5 of the most common causes of garage door problems:
Misalignment One of the safety features on your garage door is the photo-eye. This sensor helps prevent the door from closing if an object is in its path. However, if the photo eye becomes misaligned, it can cause the door to open or close erratically. To fix this issue, you will need to realign the photo-eye.
If your garage door opener is not working, one of the first things you should check is the batteries in your transmitter. Over time, batteries will lose their charge and need to be replaced. Therefore, it is important to regularly check the batteries in your garage door opener transmitter and your backup battery system (if you have one). Replacing the batteries in your transmitter is a simple fix that you can do yourself.
If your garage door opener is not working, one of the first things you should check is the disconnect switch. The disconnect switch is located on the wall near your garage door opener. The purpose of the disconnect switch is to provide a way to manually disconnect the garage door opener from the power source. If your garage door opener is not working, it may be because the disconnect switch has been turned off. To fix this issue, turn on the disconnect switch.
The tracks may be to blame if your garage door is not opening or closing properly. The tracks are what the rollers on your garage door ride on. Over time, dirt and debris can build up on the tracks, causing them to become blocked. It can prevent the rollers from moving freely and cause your garage door to malfunction. Clean the tracks with a brush or a vacuum cleaner to fix this issue.
Springs and Cables
The springs and cables on your garage door are under a lot of tension. As a result, they can become worn out or even break over time. If this happens, your garage door will not be able to open or close properly. You will need to replace the springs and cables to fix this issue.
How To fix Garage Door Problems
If you are experiencing any of the above issues, don’t worry! There are ways to fix all of them. For most issues, you will be able to do it yourself. However, for some issues, you may need to call a professional. Here are some tips on how to fix garage door problems:
- Check the batteries in your remote if your garage door won’t open or close. If they are dead, replace them.
- If your garage door is off track, you can try to put it back on track yourself. However, if you are having trouble, you may need to call a professional.
- You need to call a professional to fix a broken spring or cable.
- Try oiling the tracks and hinges if your garage door makes strange noises. If that doesn’t work, you may need to call a professional.
- If your remote isn’t working, check the batteries and ensure they are properly installed. You may also need to replace the remote.
- If your garage door opener is malfunctioning, you may need to replace it.
- If your garage door is damaged, you need to call a professional for garage door repairs.
Garage door troubles can be frustrating and inconvenient. We hope this article has helped you identify your problem’s source and given you some ideas to fix it. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please don’t hesitate to contact us in San Antonio for assistance. We are here to help.